- Click on the links to view class particulars
- (PDF files must be viewed with latest version of Adobe Reader)
- Registration Forms may be obtained from the Seminar Coordinator.
- Please put the name of the class in the subject line.
- All class fees must be submitted in Canadian Dollars.
Class Refund Policy
Once a payment has been made and a confirmation has been issued, a class place will be reserved for the registrant. If a cancellation must be made the participant must first seek a replacement from the wait list (contact the class coordinator). The wait list will be established in chronological order. If there is no wait list the participant must find a replacement or forfeit the workshop fee. Emergency cancellations will be handled at the discretion of the Coordinator.
Questions about the workshops? Contact the Seminar Coordinator.
MONOLINE LETTERING TECHNIQUES
WITH CORA PEARL
Monoline lettering is a great way to learn new styles of lettering and to delve
in to the principles of lettering, layout, and design, without the added challenge
of working with complicated tools. In this class we will learn several styles
of monoline lettering that use B-nibs including the Art Nouveau lettering
of Rennie Mackintosh and the architectural lettering of Frank Lloyd Wright
among others. We will also explore different ways of working with letters
that can be applied to other calligraphic styles and tools. This workshop is
appropriate for all levels of experience and is ideal for those who are new to
lettering arts. This workshop is a condensed version of a full semester hand
lettering class that Cora created and teaches at Portland Community College
in Portland, Oregon.
• Speedball B-nib set with holder
• Prang watercolour set 16 colours or
whatever watercolours you have
• Higgins Eternal and/or Sumi ink
• 12” T square and or 12” ruler
• 1/4” flat brush
• Canson Pro Layout Marker paper 9” x 12”
• Pebeo Drawing gum
• Rubber cement pick up eraser
• watercolour brush size 6 round
(cheap student grade quality)
• HB pencil
• Scotch Magic tape
• small tortillion (blending stick)
• Small paint palette for mixing paints
• Nine 6” x 9” pieces of Arches Hot Press
(Cut from 22” x 30” parent sheet)
Click mar_seminar-2017 for brochure.